I just wanted to give y’all an update on how my Awesome List is going so far this year. I can say that I have done most of these 100% of the time, and I can say there is at least one on this list that I haven’t even tackled…
1. The month of no Facebook, went off smoothly… sort of. In the beginning I really did have withdrawals. It was so funny to me, I ended up deleting the app from my phone all together and here we are almost into May and I still have yet to put the app back on my phone. To be honest I don’t think I will. It doesn’t mean I am not on Facebook, because I am. I end up using safari to connect or just go to my computer, and because both are time consuming I tend to get on and stay on for a time period and then get off for a while. I have however picked up the habit of being on instagram everyday. It’s pictures, which is what I love so I don’t see a problem with that as much as I did with Facebook. What I noticed is that FB had started to become so negative that it was affecting my everyday life. So I try to post happy things now and scroll past the negative things… Keyword being TRY!
2. I am still doing a daily picture and storing it in my iPhone app called Collect. I love that little app, as well as a few other photography apps. I’m getting better at making sure I snap a picture. Even if it’s horrid to me.
3. I have not prayed daily, actually I don’t think I’ve prayed anymore since January. There is a lot of other things that go behind that simple statement but I’m not in the mood or the space to talk about it. So we’re just going to leave that sitting there…
4. The things I have found to do on a weekly basis are so funny. Like this week it’s been eating Cocoa Puffs cereal. I just finished off the box, and I am not mad at myself. Well maybe a little, because now I don’t have any for the rest of the week. Last week it was filling eggs up for the egg hunt we had last weekend. I was aiming for 150 eggs, but only made it to 132. But that was fun for me. The week before that was fixing up the spare bedroom, or at least organizing it a little more. I will do a room reveal when it’s all done and purity 🙂
5. So I found the Graduate Program I want to do at the school I want to do it at. But I’ve decided to not do it anytime soon, actually maybe never. I’m still working on that. The school is AH-MAZING! It’s gorgeous, it offers what I want, need and could ever imagine, it’s in my area… the only issue is the $68,000+ price tag that goes along with it, as well as the time commitment. I have neither right now, nor do I foresee it popping up in the near future. I was a tad sad about it, but I am adjusting and trying to live in reality. I’m not ready to rake up that much debt anytime soon, since I am paying on school loans right now. They are my own loans, they don’t even include Ike’s. So before I add more I need to pay off the ones I have, or at least pay down on them. I do want to own a business and having so much debt will look bad to the banks. The name of the school is St. Edwards, you can check out the MAC program here! I am not crossing it off of my list, I am just lowering it to the bottom. There are different priorities I have now, and so I will pursue those first and come back to this one later.
6. Smiling, is contagious. Glad I can spread it 🙂
7. Reading 2 books a month hasn’t been the problem, reading 4-5 books a month has been. As of right now I am stuck on one book, it started off great and now it is just… blah! I’ve already renewed it from the library like twice. I’m thinking I need to give up on the book. But I don’t want to, it’s by my favorite author/bestfriend 🙂
8. I’ve thought about blogging or writing in my journal daily, but the words don’t quite seem to make it to the paper or here. So I’m just going to keep trudging along on that path. I swear I am having writers block.
9. I’ve read books to the girls but that haven’t been chapter books. I’m slacking, but life is so crazy now. So I’m giving myself a break and trying not to beat myself up over it.
Anyways, more to come later. I have a meeting I need to run off to. It starts at 11am and it is now 10:40am… Traditional Virgin-Lewis manner… arriving right on time or late. I’m going to go with right on time 🙂
I will add pictures to this lovely post at a later time, I gotta run 🙂
Love and Peace, Iiona