So in case you were wondering, because I know everyone does… I do have an Awesome List for 2014. I had one for 2013, but I can’t seem to find it to compare what actually happened to what I wanted to happen. I know for sure I wanted to take a photo daily. It didn’t matter if it was an iphone photo or my DSLR camera photo, I just wanted to document our everyday lives. Not just the fun events but the mundane everyday things that make us happy and everyone else just sigh or roll their eyes, LOL! I wasn’t into making a post about it daily, because I have been bad about that. I just wanted to perfect my hobby and I believe I did that. I missed some days but that was mainly because I didn’t feel like staging a shot or to tell everyone to stop what they were doing so that I could take the photo. And sometimes I just wanted to be IN the moment not snapping photos of the moment.
That was also a big deal for me to, I needed to be in as many of the photos as possible. I don’t like looking back at photos and seeing that I’m not in the picture. The photos I take are awesome, but I don’t want perfect and I was stuck on that for a while. Almost everyone does, I hear it all of the time when I am catching people in the moment. They don’t like the way the photo looks, they look too fat, they didn’t smile, etc. Whatever the case I didn’t want that to plague me this last year and so I didn’t let me. Anyways, here is my 2014 Awesome List:
- I am doing a month of no Facebook… I’m already having withdrawals, so please don’t bring it up! I’ve been making use instagram, twitter, tumblr and this blog to make it through the month.
- I will do the Daily Picture again and make sure that I record it in this app I have on my phone called Collect. It can be an iPhone photo or a DSLR photo.
- Pray daily, I suck at this. I’m not even going to lie. I’m a horrid Christ Follower. Once I pray daily then I will get into reading my bible daily… Hey, don’t judge me. One step at a time.
- Month of letter… this one will be interesting. Because it will be a month of letters to random people. I will aim to write the same people (if they respond) but I’m going to assume that the old school or pen and paper is going to be hard to get people to join in on. If you happen to get a letter, feel free to write me back 🙂
- Find a way to do something I love or mostly like weekly, even if it’s indulging in a bag of popcorn. Ha!
- Make a real effort at finding a Graduate Program. I have found 3 that I really want to do, but I can’t force myself to print out the requirements and get started. My brain is fighting me, LOL!
- Read 2 books a month
- Blog/Journal Weekly (it can be in my hardback book journal or on this blog, doesn’t matter)
- Read a chapter book to the girls (one a month)
I have a few other things to add to my Awesome List but I’m not ready for anyone but myself and the people they effect to know. I’m looking forward to seeing what this year brings. I’m really excited about this year, and looking forward to making awesome memories with my little family!
Love and Peace, Iiona