So I am definitely going back and redoing this post, I’m just super lazy and thought this was good for the time being. There is more that I want to say, I just can’t right now. Not that I can’t say it, but more along the lines of me just wanting to get it posted… Is that lazy… maybe, maybe not! More along the lines of me saying… WHOOT, WHOOT I got another post done! #POW
Relationships can be so tricky, relating with other people is not an easy feat. It is something that one has to work on daily. Marriage is work, it isn’t something that is all magical and just happens forever. It takes time, focus, dedication and persistence to get where we are now. As you all know our relationship hasn’t been all peaches and cream, but it is working and it is what it is.
I look at the relationship that you guys have with your dad and at times I wonder if I had been given the chance to have that type of relationship with my own father if I would have been different. I’m sure, but what if’s don’t help anyone so I will move on from that. I am so happy that you guys have that type of relationship and I hope you understand where that comes from.
I love your dad because he loves you guys so much, does that sound funny? There are many other reasons why I love him, but seeing him with you guys makes me love him even more. I love him because when he looks at me it’s like I’m the only one in the room. I love him because he is willing to get matching tattoo’s with me and let me pick them out. I love him because he loves motorcycles more than I do. I love him because our names are similar; IAV and IAL. I love him because he helps me feel complete. He is a part of a circle and that circle is complete because he is in it. The other parts of that circle are you guys, my sister and niece, the awesome Godparents you guys have (whom I’ve known since I was 9 years old), and for knowing that God loves me even when I don’t love myself. I can go on and on, but I will spare you all of the sappy reasons why I love him.
I do want you to know that our relationship hasn’t always been great, it took time, healing and God to get our relationship to where it is now. We both came into the relationship with past hurts and learning to forgive people from our past. We knew we wanted to be together and so that was what kept us going. I’m not saying divorce was never in our conversations, just saying that we had to pray and take things one day at a time. What brought us together was our similarities. What is keeping us together is Christ and our love for each other and our love for you guys, and making sure that your life is in no way similar to our pasts. Because when you know better and learn better, you strive to be better and do better.
Anywho, your father and I have a lot of things in common, but we also have things that neither one of us really care for. But to be honest that is what makes our relationship stronger. If we were the same all the way, it would be boring. Some of the things we have that are similar are;
- We like getting tattoos
- We love riding motorcycles
- We love music
- We love our family (the one we made, not the one we came from)
- We are both loyal
- We both are very forgiving
- Our initials are similar except our last names… IAL and IAV
- We both heart the Packers and the Badgers
- We enjoy spending time with our children
- We both enjoy cooking and baking, him more cooking and me more baking
Anyways, I hope this gives you more of a look into the relationship I have with your father. I mean I can’t really go into super detail. But know that we are in it for the long haul and we are going to do all we can to stay together until we die.
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears (graphic version)
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
14. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have.
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.